Areca is committed and will use Areca’s best endeavour to ensure that your personal data is kept and stored securely.
On that premise, Areca have adopted the following measures:
- using encryption, where appropriate;
- using password protection, where appropriate; and
2. Links to external content resources
3. Web tracking (cookies and web beacons)
Cookies help Areca to understand which sections of Areca’s websites are frequently visited. With this information Areca is able to adapt Areca’s properties and/or website to suit your demands and to provide you with a more customised and personalised user experience. For example, cookies allow Areca to ensure that the information displayed on your next visit will match your user preferences.
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. For example, on Microsoft Internet Explorer
you can disable or delete cookies by selecting “Tools/Internet Options”.
Please note that Areca’s websites are designed to work with cookies and disabling cookies may affect your usage of Areca’s websites and may prevent you from taking full advantage of Areca’s services at Areca’s websites. Areca does not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers, except with third parties working with Areca to provide Areca’s services to you.
4. Storage and Retention of your personal data
All your personal data collected by Areca will be retained with Areca and Areca shall not keep your personal data longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by contacting Areca (see below for details on how to contact Areca). For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Areca is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
5. Access to your personal data
You may request for a copy of your personal data which you have provided to Areca by submitting your request in writing specifying the personal data you wish to access including any discount or reference numbers where applicable to Areca in which a fee will be charged to you (if necessary) and you will need to provide a copy of the following documents with your written request to enable Areca to verify your identity:
- identity card/MyKad;
- driving licence; and/or
- utility bill. (e.g. electricity, water or other utilities).
6. Accuracy and correction of your personal data
Areca takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data provided to Areca is accurate and relevant only to the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for and is kept in the manner whereby the accuracy and completeness of your personal data is not affected and your personal data is up-to-date.
If any of your information is incorrect or incomplete, the correction will be done without any charges and you may submit your request in writing specifying the incorrect information and the correct information for us to replace it with. Please include the following in your written request which can be used to identify you such as:
- identity card/MyKad;
- property name; and
- unit number
8. Choice to restrict collection/use of your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:-
- whenever you are asked to fill a form on the website, you may indicate in the remarks column that you do not want your personal information to be used for direct marketing purposes; and/or
- if you have previously agreed to Areca using your personal information for direct marketing purpose, you can change this at any time by clicking the link in Areca’s Electronic Direct Mail (“EDM”) to unsubscribe the service upon receiving the EDM from Areca.