The term “Areca” or “us” refers to Areca as the owner of this website. The term “you” or “your” refers to the user or viewer of Areca’s website.
1. Why Areca collect your personal data:
(A) Your personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- for registration of a user account with Areca;
- to send you invitations to Areca’s property launches, promotional materials, property updates, new products, advertisements, special offers and for marketing purposes;
- for the purposes of administrative, operational, development or enhancement of the Areca’s business;
- for assessment and analysis of the market, Areca’s customers and/or potential customers in relation to Areca’s properties and services;
- to monitor, review and improve Areca’s properties and services;
- to be used for internal record keeping;
- for employment opportunities in the event you have provided information and consent for such purposes;
- to alert and recommend properties similar to those properties you have purchased or intended to purchase (if any);
- for a third party requirement in order for such third party to perform functions or obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines or as required by any governmental and/or non governmental authorities, agencies or departments; and
- for making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law;
(B) For this purpose we collect personal data which includes but not limited to the following:-
- name, job title and company name;
- contact details including address, email address and telephone numbers;
- details of your visits to Areca’s show units and/or website;
- information of your agents to enable Areca to provide marketing and promotional materials in relation to Areca’s properties;
- demographic information;
- Identity card/ MyKad number, gender, age, date of birth; and
- such other relevant information to enable Areca to provide you with Areca’s services and products.
2. How Areca collects your personal data
Areca collects your personal data when you purchase property through Areca’s show units or soft launches, or when you register your user account or when you telephone or email Areca or correspond with Areca.
By providing your personal data to Areca, you have agreed to give your consent to the processing of your personal data by Areca for the stated lawful purposes when your personal data was collected. Areca shall not process your personal data unless you have given consent to the processing of your personal data. “Processing” means collecting, recording, holding or storing your personal data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on your personal data.
3. Direct Marketing
Areca may use your personal data for marketing purposes, in particular to present you with advertisements, marketing and/or promotional materials informing about our properties and/or conduct free prize draws and prize competitions and such other information in relation to our properties which we believe may be of interest to you.
Areca will send you advertisements, marketing and/or promotional materials or information in relation to our properties, if you have elected to receive such information when you register with Areca.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving these advertisements, marketing and/or promotional materials, you can do so by using the unsubscribe information on every such mailing, by updating your user profile or account data or by contacting Areca (see below for details on how to contact Areca).
4. Sharing of your personal data
Areca will not sell, rent, or lease Areca’s customer information to third parties. Areca may however share and/or disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- for purposes of providing Areca’s services to you;
- where Areca is required to do so by law, any stock exchange regulation or any binding judgment, order or requirement of any court or other competent authority;
- where you have consented to such disclosure.
Please exercise caution when participating in any blogs, forums and discussion pages including via Areca website so that your personal data is not disclosed to other parties which Areca will not be responsible for.